Priya was upset with her fever . She is a first time mom with full of fear and anxiety!
Rahul decided to consult obstetrician inspite of religious taboo of their parents!
To address the concern of many moms like priya, sharing few of their queries…
1) I always feel that my body is warm since I confirmed pregnancy! Is it ok?
Pregnant mothers usually have a slight rise in their basal temperature because of the pregnancy hormones. It is quite normal and not to panic.
2) I was told not to take any medicines during pregnancy. What about Paracetamol?
It’s usually advised not to take any over the counter medications while you are pregnant. But, it’s safe to take paracetamol.
3) Is fever in pregnancy dangerous?
High fever in early pregnancy is dangerous to baby and can cause congenital defects in fetus. If your temperature is above 100*f , please consult your doctor.
4) Are there any home remedies available to treat fever?
* Stay in a cool area
*Wear loose fitting clothes
*Take lukewarm bath or sponge bath.
* Take care of your hydration status. Drink lots of oral fluids and lemonade.
* Take Rest.
5) What can I expect if my fever prolongs?
Your doctor might order few blood tests and urine test. You can expect few days of hospitalization also if your labs are abnormal or the fever is high or associated with complications. Usually , other specialists are also involved depending on the clinical problem.