* Endocrine glands are those glands whose secretions are hormones and directly enter bloodstream. The group includes
* Thyroid, parathyroid, Adrenal, Pancreas, Ovaries, Testes, Pituitary, Pineal and Hypothalamus
* Endocrine surgery is a super speciality surgical field to deal with surgical problems related to these endocrine glands.
* Among the endocrine glands, Thyroid is the most commonly encountered gland with a list of diseases affecting it. Hypothyroidism is the deficiency of Thyroid hormones & Hyperthyroidism is the excess of Thyroid secretion. Although , these conditions could be managed medically , conditions like Nodular Goitre, Thyroglossal cyst to be treated surgically. There are few autoimmune conditions too affecting these glands & should be managed carefully.
* Medical & surgical problems related to Thyroid, Parathyroid & adrenal glands are managed